Monday, August 22, 2011

Things I hate. #1 PitBull Owners.

I currently live in a very nice community in a very well off city.  The city has a prime school district, so most of my neighbors are families with kids.  I hate children.  I really do... prob more than I hate animal cruelty. (Ok, so not that much, but close!) But I really dislike Pitbull owners who cannot manage their dogs!

The apartment next to me has been vacant for about a month now, and it was nice to not hear screaming children first thing in the morning, and it was nice to not have to see them climbing onto my balcony to tease my cat and dog....but now we have a young couple, (First time living with each other, which is always a blast since that means nothing but late night arguing and boning) who keep their pit on the balcony!


Now I am not one to judge an animal by its breed.  I love ALL animals equally.  For goodness sake I have been a vegetarian for over 15 years now, so I obviously have some love towards our furry friends... but Gosh darned it!  If your dog even looks at me strangely, I will always choose my life or my dogs life over your dogs life!  Its a fact.  My dog does not bite, growl, cry excessively (He cries if he needs to go pee, but thats like his warning so I dont get mad since it is more of a wimper.)

While walking my lovely Rex, the greatest dog to ever live, he went to his pee spot, and once he went to lift his leg, the pitbull, I will name him El diablo, Lunged at my dog, growling, snarling, and barking at my dog. The owners, did not even budge to get the dog off the patio!  They simply yelled at the aggressive animal.  Rex, the most amazing dog in the world, did not even budge.  He isnt a pussy, he kept peeing on the tree knowing that he was not caged into a 4x4 outside cage, and he knows that I will kick that dogs ass!!

Now, the fact that he barked at only my dog, I would not get THAT pissed....its the fact that he snarls at EVERY dog that walks by my apartment.  My area is filled with families, dogs, cats, horses, mules, ect... someone walks by the balcony EVERY 5 min.  So this dog needs to STFU or I will be contacting animal services.

I am not a fan of these pit owners, who lock their dogs in small areas, do not know how to train them, and let them run free.  These are agressive animals and are extremely territorial.  You need to know how to handel a beast of 90% muscle, and be able to introduce him to young children, other animals, and not be able to claim territory. The fact that they have a bad rep is not the reason I dislike the owners.  I actually do not dislike the breed, I have a few friends who rescue abused pits and rehabilitate them so they are friendly and able to share.

If you go to the LA animal shelters, 90% of the large dogs are pits....its disgusting.  They are found in the hot summer in backyards with limited food and water, and most are euthanized since they are so agressive they cannot adopt them out!  They are high energy dogs that people do not want to deal with, they just want to look more manly with the big balled massive dog.  News flash, I think you are more attractive with a lab than some dog that is only stereotyped to be agressive and are hard to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment